Subject: Re: Some BUILDLINK_DEPENDS bumps missed
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2004 22:48:35
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Todd Vierling wrote:

> Which means that Jeremy is using IGNORE_RECOMMENDED=YES and never turned it
> back to NO.  Which also means that any complaints about mismatches of
> package versioning are invalid.  8-)

I was using IGNORE_RECOMMENDED=YES, but now turned off for a while. I
didn't go back to check which systems I used it on and when I built
packages, so I probably have some confused (broken) packages.

I reverted the two BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED changes I made. (I didn't revert
where I bumped PKGREVISION because too late now.)

As for the original posting, it would be good to have some way to tell the
developer that the SONAMEs changed (since PLISTs don't record anymore).

Maybe on a "deinstall" we could save the +BUILD_INFO PROVIDES=
information. And then on an install completion output a diff of the new
PROVIDES=.

By the way, who wants to code support in pkg_add and pkg_delete to honor
the already recorded PROVIDES= and REQUIRES= fields?

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/