Subject: Re: pkgsrc/games, man pages and man section 6
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.dez.vier@onlinehome.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2004 16:51:43
[ On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 at 19:47:40 (+0100), Klaus Heinz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: pkgsrc/games, man pages and man section 6
>
> This seems to apply to Debian 2.2/3.0, Solaris 9, Fedora FC 2, FreeBSD
> 4.10 and SuSE 8 as well. MacOS X 10.2 (server) lacks sections 4, 5 and 6,
> don't know about the desktop version.

What does that have to do with anything?

The "man" programs on all systems can still find entries in those
secions if I understand correctly.

The real question though is what section would games manual pages be put
into on those systems if such things were installed by the vendor?

I.e. the "6" should be from a variable set in mk/defs.${OPSYS}.mk as not
all systems use the same section numbering (at least no beyond 3 ;-)

--
						Greg A. Woods