Subject: Updating databases/db4 to 4.3.21
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2004 16:27:37
I am planning to update databases/db4 to the latest release from
Sleepycat, which is db-4.3.21.  Users with existing package that are
built against db-4.2.52 should note that this release requires updating
the log file format.  The procedure to successfully update your packages
to use db-4.3.21 is given here:

	http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/upgrade/process.html

For software writers, the changes that you'll need to be aware of to
update your code to use db-4.3.21 are here:

	http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/upgrade.4.3/toc.html

Some packages will likely break in pkgsrc due to these changes.  I'll be
fixing them as we find them in the bulk build results.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>