Subject: Re: ms-ttf: get rid of license and upload restrictions and move font files
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2004 11:30:36
  I was proposing removing those and also removing the LICENSE and
  NO_BIN_ON_FTP.

It would be good to adjust the pkgsrc docs to indicate that not having
to accept a license doesn't mean the package is open source, then,
just that the package may be used (including commercially).

  I now propose just getting rid of the LICENSE (because there is no problem
  with building, installing and using the fonts as is) and the NO_BIN_ON_FTP
  (because there is no problem with us freely distributing the fonts because
  we include the license with them).

So NO_BIN_ON_FTP means anonymous FTP, and NO_BIN_ON_CDROM refers to
cdroms that may be sold?  This is also not clear in the documentation.
(Not your fault, but these variables are only useful if they have
clear semantics, and they don't know.)

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>