Subject: Re: ms-ttf: get rid of license and upload restrictions and move font files
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2004 09:35:36
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 10:46:51PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> It gets rid of the license and upload restrictions. (I emailed the list
> about this in September.)

The included license says:
·       Reproduction and Distribution. You may reproduce and
distribute an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT;
provided that each copy shall be a true and complete copy, including
all copyright and trademark notices, and shall be accompanied by
a copy of this EULA.  Copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be
distributed for profit either on a standalone basis or included as
part of your own product.

IANAL, but this seems ok to me.

> And moved the files from lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ to
> share/fonts/TTF/.

Why? All of the other TTF fonts are in lib/X11/fonts/TTF
too, according to grep pkgsrc/fonts/*/PLIST*.

Cheers,
 Thomas