Subject: Re: From PR to pkgsrc
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Ola Eriksson <ola@mreriksson.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2004 00:13:09
Todd Vierling wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Ola Eriksson wrote:
>

>>Anyway, it seems most people think that pkgsrc-wip is the way to go with new
>>packages, and I will give that a try. However, packages that are already in
>>pkgsrc, how should those be handled? Still through pr's? Or by creating a new
>>entry in wip ?
>>

>If it's a minor update (change a couple patches, distinfo, and DISTNAME), a
>PR is fine.
>
>If the package needs major rework as part of the update, pkgsrc-wip may be a
>better choice (especially if the package is a dependency of many others).

Ok, I will do that, thanks.

>You're still free to use send-pr for new packages, but it may take some
>nagging on tech-pkg to get human review time.  8-)

Well, I don't know if I will be doing any more nagging or complaining
about packages not being imported. Once I have created the
packages/updates, I have my local copy of it, and that works for me. And
if the NetBSD people are to busy to import them, I guess me taking up
their valuable time by complaining doesn't really increase the time
spent on importing new packages :-)

Regards,
Ola Eriksson
Join the Uptime Project