Subject: Re: About graphics/Mesa packages and XFree86
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/2004 20:04:08
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, [ISO-8859-1] C=E9sar Catri=E1n C. wrote:

> Now, I've XFree 4.4.0 installed from sources and MesaLib from pkgsrc
> too, is there some variable (choosing between Xfree or pkgsrc), that I
> miss to point out? Or the libraries included with the XFree 4.4.0 are
> not used anymore?

You could probably set the variable:
PREFER_PKGSRC+=3DMesaLib
to use it.
Or:
PREFER_NATIVE+=3D MesaLib
to not use it.

(I didn't check though.)

> Are the pkgsrc Mesa libraries always used for all packages without
> taking care of the installed XFree release?

pkgsrc/graphics/MesaLib/builtin.mk attempts to figure this out.

If I am reading it correctly, if the native (XFree86) version is good
enough then it will be used instead.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 =09  =09 =09 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
=09  =09 =09 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/