Subject: Re: PR pkg/28685
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2004 14:14:39
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> > The PR (via web interface) doesn't show who add the notes at the
> > bottom. Also, I never received an email from gnats when it was added.
>
> Hmm.  I was not aware.  Should I edit it to add my name/email address?

If you want too. I just wasn't sure if you had posted something later.
Usually it adds a date and email.

> > I think that the client package should be fixed to not install it (so
> > it does not overwrite) and also should not install the manpage. The
> > manpage should be installed with the postgresql74-lib package -- maybe
> > just add an INSTALL_MAN to do it.
>
> Do you know how to do that?  It looked a little messy to me.  Note that
> the client overwriting the binary isn't an issue because it will come
> from the same tar file and be built with the same settings.

If I have time I'll look at this.

One problem is if someone has a file integrity list for their installed
files. A rebuild of same tool could potentially have a different checksum
and will definitely have a different timestamp.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/