Subject: Re: PR pkg/28685
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2004 16:52:01
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:27:57 -0800 (PST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > I would like to commit the fix I suggested in this PR. I don't know
> > if it is the perfect fix (see my comments) but if fixes this PR and
> > also fixes the py-postgresql bulk build.  If no one has a problem I
> > will commit the changes before the freeze is over.
> The PR (via web interface) doesn't show who add the notes at the
> bottom. Also, I never received an email from gnats when it was added.

Hmm.  I was not aware.  Should I edit it to add my name/email address?

> I think that the client package should be fixed to not install it (so
> it does not overwrite) and also should not install the manpage. The
> manpage should be installed with the postgresql74-lib package -- maybe
> just add an INSTALL_MAN to do it.

Do you know how to do that?  It looked a little messy to me.  Note that
the client overwriting the binary isn't an issue because it will come
from the same tar file and be built with the same settings.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>