Subject: Re: PR pkg/28685
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2004 16:52:01
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:27:57 -0800 (PST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> > I would like to commit the fix I suggested in this PR. I don't know
> > if it is the perfect fix (see my comments) but if fixes this PR and
> > also fixes the py-postgresql bulk build.  If no one has a problem I
> > will commit the changes before the freeze is over.
>
> The PR (via web interface) doesn't show who add the notes at the
> bottom. Also, I never received an email from gnats when it was added.

Hmm.  I was not aware.  Should I edit it to add my name/email address?

> I think that the client package should be fixed to not install it (so
> it does not overwrite) and also should not install the manpage. The
> manpage should be installed with the postgresql74-lib package -- maybe
> just add an INSTALL_MAN to do it.

Do you know how to do that?  It looked a little messy to me.  Note that
the client overwriting the binary isn't an issue because it will come
from the same tar file and be built with the same settings.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/