Subject: Re: From PR to pkgsrc
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ola Eriksson <ola@mreriksson.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/2004 15:47:57
Greg A. Woods wrote:

>[ On Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 10:39:39 (+0800), Rui-Xiang Guo wrote: ]
>

>>Subject: Re: From PR to pkgsrc
>>
>>The better way is committing them into wip/
>>	See: http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/
>>Then send a review request to pkgsrc-wip-review@
>>

>If that's "The Official TNF Better Way" then pkgsrc is doomed.

That's what I'm affraid of aswell. When it takes everything from a few
weeks to almost a year to get a package included or updated, it
sometimes feels a bit pointless to keep submitting new stuff, since
they'll probably be old and outdated by the time they are imported into
pkgsrc. (But this might only be me?)

Anyway, I'm not complaining, since we all (well, most of us anyway) do
this in our sparetime. But I still like to make my point heard though.
And I should probably mention too, that other than than the delay in
importing and updating packages, I'm really happy with pkgsrc :)

Regards,
Ola