Subject: using texconfig and kpsewhich not in path
To: kei@netbsd.org, <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2004 15:05:17
Installing pkgsrc/print/teTeX-bin while my PATH does not have my
${LOCALBASE}/bin:

 /usr/pkg/bin/texconfig dvips paper letter
 texconfig: binary kpsewhich not found. Please set up your PATH correctly
 *** Error code 1

This is the post-install target I believe.

Maybe patches/patch-ap should be modified to add ${PREFIX}/bin to PATH or
to individual kpsewhich usage -- and then post-process with sed to get
PREFIX set.

I don't think PATH should be set in the pkgsrc build itself for this,
because later use of the texconfig would still fail. (Note: it is
suggested to be ran in the MESSAGE +DISPLAY.)

My workaround was to fix the PATH in the texconfig (before installed) to
prefix it with my /opt/pkg/bin:

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/