Subject: Re: abiword and solaris and popt
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/14/2004 20:11:00
Jeremy C. Reed said:

>Now that I have popt, back to building abiword ...

I just spent a few hours trying to build abiword on Solaris 8. Luckily I
have staroffice installed. It would seem that parts of gnome as well as spme
of the other hundreds of needed libs, etc are meant to be built with certain
compilers in some not quite specified order. Open source is certainly not
open in terms of build documentation. See the abiword page. They vastly
underestimate the packages needed to build their product.

I couldn't find a version of ORBit-2.0 that would build at all.

Solaris 8 with gcc version 3.4.2.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com