Subject: Re: pkgsrc zope25-CMFPlone-1.0.3 to plone 2 which has been stable for some time
To: Tariq Rashid <tariq_rashid@lineone.net>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/13/2004 12:26:26
	version=3.0.0
Sender: tech-pkg-owner@NetBSD.org

I am creating an entirely new tree of packages for Zope 2.7.3+ and
Plone 2.0.5, and adding more packages daily.  However, Zope has two
pre-releases in progress (2.7.4b1 and 2.8.0a1), and given a recent
advisory, I would expect a new release in halfway short order.  For
this reason, I have been hesitant to start the process to place these
versions in pkgsrc, only to have to update them in a few weeks, just
as they were making it into pkgsrc.  In the meantime, you can preview
my working versions via cvsweb at:

    http://www.ka8zrt.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/

If you would like a tarball of these packages, drop me an email
message directly and I will see about making one available.

BTW...rather than update zope25-*, these packages are going into
directories of the form of zope2-*, and I have a meta-package for
zope2 along  with a package for zope27 which will cause the installed
packages to have names such as zope27-CMFPlone-2.0.5.

- Doug

Quoting Tariq Rashid (tariq_rashid@lineone.net):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com