Subject: Re: pkg_install BIG problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, john@ziaspace.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/09/2004 15:40:31
	Well, even without the latest change, I was still able to run a
'make replace' and get pkg_install to install.
	Nevertheless, a 'make update' should work, so I adjusted the
pkg_install Makefile (1.106) to rearrange the update target.  Normally
update does: deinstall, build, install.  For pkg_install this is a problem
because the deinstall needs to use the newly built pkg_delete binary.
	Now, if you run a 'make update', it should build, _then_ deinstall,
then install.  I'm thinking this should probably be the default order
for all packages, but I didn't want to go breaking tons of stuff right
now if I'm wrong.

	John, if a 'make replace' didn't work before then you probably have
some other problem.  Still, can you try the most recent makefile and let
me know if it help?

eric