Subject: Re: package compile using 'native' gcc under OSX/Darwin?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2004 15:49:26
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 04:44:55AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
|On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|> I've recently installed the pkgsrc bootstrap kit and so forth for
|> my shiny new PowerBook, however I don't seem to be able to convince
|> the build environment to use the gcc which is installed already
|> on the machine (it's running OSX 10.3.6, so has the devel kit
|> pre-installed).

my mistake - the required packages were on disk, but were not actually
installed ...

locate was finding things with 'gcc' in them, but of course none of them
was a binary ... :)

*sigh* ... apologies for the noise ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences