Subject: xterm && screen && (lynx || centericq) == garbled
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2004 16:16:59
Good day,

I run lynx and centericq within GNU screen.  When I am attached from an
xterm, sometimes switching to a lynx or centericq window will garble the
screen.  It looks like it is displaying the wrong character encoding or
something.  lynx is using BSD curses.  centericq is using ncurses.

If I switch to another window, that window becomes garbled also.  If I
press control-L in the lynx or centericq window, the window refreshes
and is no longer garbled.  Now if I switch to another window, the other
window is also no longer garbled.

NetBSD 1.6.2 i386
screen-4.0.2nb1
lynx-2.8.5.2nb1
centericq-4.12.0
ncurses-5.4nb1

This isn't a show-stopper, but it is annoying.  This only happens when I
am using GNU screen within an xterm.  Any other terminal is fine.

Ben