Subject: Re: note: hicolor-icon-theme-0.4.tar.gz is no longer available from the master site.
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2004 02:04:55
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:01:14PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Sorry, I should have mentioned why this is a real problem right from the
> start.
>
> What you say would be OK IFF it worked, but it almost _never_ works for
> anything fetched from an HTTP URL, nor can it work properly either given
> the common "helpful" behaviour of some web sites when a requested object
> does not exist.

I recommend setting FAILOVER_FETCH.

> (This is why FTP should _always_ be the preferred fetch mechanism!)

Just add an appropriate MASTER_SORT_REGEX (see mk/defaults/mk.conf
for an example) if you prefer ftp.

> In the mean time this wee fix works for this particular package and
> avoids what's probably an unnecessary pullup (though I must admit I have
> no idea what this package really does and why -- are the new icons a
> significant fix?)

It doesn't even add files, it just creates more directories.
And gnome-icon-themes must be changed too, because it also wanted
to create some of these directories. It's a mess :)
 Thomas