Subject: Re: mng and automake on OS X
To: Johnny C. Lam <>
From: Dieter Baron <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2004 23:26:53
In article <> Johnny wrote:
: We should be linking the correct scripts into work/.tools/bin with the
: "right" names, e.g. work/.tools/bin/aclocal -> /usr/pkg/bin/aclocal-1.9.
:   The only reason this isn't way it's currently done is because
: and pre-date the implementation of  I
: believe the nicer way to do this nowadays is to get rid of
: and, make do the symlinking I note above, then make
: packages that include auto*.mk to do GNU_TOOLS+= autoconf instead.

  For both automake and autconf there are incompatible versions, and
at least at the time auto{conf,make}.mk were written, some packages
still required the old versions.  Is the tools framework capable of
handling this?