Subject: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL support in php4
To: Chris Ross <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2004 20:58:52
Chris Ross wrote:
> Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> > Which version of postgresql client package do you have installed?
> > It appears to require PQcmdTuples(), which might be only
> > available in PostgreSQL 7.4.
>    It's 7.4.  It's from 2004Q2's pkgsrc/databases/postgresql74,
> which is 7.4.2.  Sorry for failing to mention that...

I just tried this simple PHP script:

pg_connect("dbname=template1 user=pgsql");
$q = pg_query("INSERT INTO foo VALUES (3)");
echo pg_affected_rows($q) . "\n";

It worked just fine and printed 1. I have php 4.3.9 and
postgresql74-client-7.4.6 installed.

Can you please try to update postgresql74-client to newer version,
recompile and update your php-pgsql and report if that fixes your

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-