Subject: Re: SOLVED (Re: cyrus dumps core)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2004 10:52:42
Johnny C. Lam --> tech-pkg (2004-11-17 16:37:44 -0500):
> Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:09:51PM +0100, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> >
> >>Like Martti, I was able to work around the problem with checking out
> >>an older pkgsrc/mk and rebuilding OpenLDAP, PHP and Apache related
> >>packages. Furthermore I could narrow down the range:
> >>
> >>	Nov 12 04:57:30 2004 UTC - OK
> >>	Nov 12 05:20:00 2004 UTC - not OK
> >>
> >>Two commits were done within this timeframe: one to mk/buildlink3[3]
> >>and one to mk/wrapper[4].
> >

> >I think the problem lies with db4 + pthreads after the buildlink3 change
> >that you note above.  I'll investigate it today and report back here on
> >tech-pkg@.
>
> With a current pkgsrc, cyrus-imapd22 should work correctly again.  The
> problem was that all of Cyrus IMAP was being linked against GNU pth
> instead of just the one program that required it, and since GNU pth
> isn't quite as good as having real pthreads, its use isn't quite as
> seamless.

Good news, thanks!

However, what I posted two days ago (those two commits which possibly
broke some things, see above) was regarding to a problem with Apache
failing to start with "Abort trap" when using the PHP LDAP Apache module
(see PR 28259). I just updated pkgsrc and rebuilt all BDB, Apache, PHP
and LDAP related packages: the problem still exists, Apache dumps core
on startup.

Any hints?

TIA, Jukka

--