Subject: Re: pkgviews-ification of packages (was: Re: net/gtk-gnutella and
To: Lars Nordlund <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/18/2004 02:03:36

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:04:42 +0100
Lars Nordlund <> wrote:

> I believe that the INSTALLATION_DIRS variable is needed because this
> package is a bit sparse lacking its own Makefile containing installation
> directives creating neccessary directories??

That's the same than:

> PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES will tell the system that this package supports
> pkgviews.

> USE_BUILDLINK3 is needed for pkgviews to work. I think this package is
> ok for buildlink3. It is almost equal to pkgtools/pkg_chk so I that is
> inspiration.
You don't need USE_BUILDLINK3 to use pkgviews, this package
doesn't require a compiler, so it's fine as is.

> Most other packages are already of buildlink3 type so often the
> PKG_INSTALLATION_TYPES variable is enough.

Yes, most of them.

The problem comes when one package requires modules or something like this
found on ${LOCALBASE}, but using pkgviews ${PREFIX} is ${PREFIX}/${PKGNAME}
so the modules cannot be found, I can't remember exactly, but more or less
that's the current problem with pkgviews and some packages.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)