Subject: Re: SOLVED (Re: cyrus dumps core)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@buildlink.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2004 16:37:44
Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:09:51PM +0100, Jukka Salmi wrote:
>
>>Like Martti, I was able to work around the problem with checking out
>>an older pkgsrc/mk and rebuilding OpenLDAP, PHP and Apache related
>>packages. Furthermore I could narrow down the range:
>>
>>	Nov 12 04:57:30 2004 UTC - OK
>>	Nov 12 05:20:00 2004 UTC - not OK
>>
>>Two commits were done within this timeframe: one to mk/buildlink3[3]
>>and one to mk/wrapper[4].
>

> I think the problem lies with db4 + pthreads after the buildlink3 change
> that you note above.  I'll investigate it today and report back here on
> tech-pkg@.

With a current pkgsrc, cyrus-imapd22 should work correctly again.  The
problem was that all of Cyrus IMAP was being linked against GNU pth
instead of just the one program that required it, and since GNU pth
isn't quite as good as having real pthreads, its use isn't quite as
seamless.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@buildlink.org>