Subject: Sendmail SMTP auth w/ SASL2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2004 10:07:17
   Hi there.  I have a 2.0_RC4 machine that I'm trying to get SMTP
AUTH working on.

   I've built the pkgsrc sendmail 8.12.11 and replaced the system
sendmail with it.  It seems to work alright, and "AUTH ..." is
listed in response to EHLO.

   However, when prompted for a password, I give it only to be
prompted again by my client.  The /var/log/authlog on the server
says:

Nov 17 09:55:08 harmony sm-mta[19007]: could not find auxprop plugin,
was searching for [all]
Nov 17 09:55:08 harmony sm-mta[19007]: OTP: auxprop backend can't store
properties

   I'm not sure why it's trying to use auxprop, nor do I know
how to have it find it, if that is what I want to do.

   I've installed saslauthd, and it's running (-a getpwent).  But,
I don't think it's being used.  I've created a
/usr/pkg/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf,
which contains only the line:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

   Does anyone see anything obvious I've done wrong?  Thanks...

                             - Chris