Subject: Re: more on this missing shared libs thing..
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2004 23:54:03
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:49:52 +0100 Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 01:28:55PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>> ok. Am I wrong, or is there something bust in libtool dealing with
>packages> with numbers in their name?
>
>My guess is that you have a strange mix of binary packages from
>before and after the libtool change in September, and/or have
>IGNORE_RECOMMENDED set.

its the mix of binary packages before/after libtool change.

>All the packages that want the non-existing version of the libraries
>need to be rebuilt and reinstalled to get you on-track again.
>
>You can find out about them by doing something like:
>cd /usr/pkg/lib
>ldd *.so | less
>[look for 'not found']
>pkg_info -Fe /usr/pkg/lib/libfoo.so
>will then tell you to which package the library belongs.

this worked. I've done two packages and shown that re-making the ones with
libraries which show up in this list removes their unsatisfied
dependencies.

I'm a little worried that I'm going to hit some circular paths, but noting
that I'm now working through the 73 (!) libs which have the problem.

thanks for the advice.

-George