Subject: RE: pkgsrc with Slackware 10
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Will Saxon <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/16/2004 18:09:43

I have solved this problem, I think.

The problem with outbound ssh from the slackware machine was that=20
the udev configuration file included with slackware 10 creates=20
/etc/tty as a directory instead of as a file.=20

http://www.poetboy.com/dryerase/technophile/archives/000373.html

I changed the rule to create /etc/ttys and outbound ssh began working.

I am using the openssl package included with slackware 10 instead of
a pkgsrc openssl. sshd is also working correctly at this time.

Thanks for everyone's responses.