Subject: Problem with PostgreSQL support in php4
To: None <>
From: Chris Ross <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2004 22:00:04
   I have a 2.0_RC4 server, and have gotten apache2 and php4 (4.3.6)
I am running a pkgsrc tagged 2004Q2, which is from where I built php4.

   I am running code that I was running on another server (which was
an older php4, for that matter), and when I've moved it to the new
the calls to pg_affected_rows() (after getting a result from a
spits the following message into the error log:

   PHP Warning:  pg_affected_rows(): Not supported under this build in
/data/.../response.php on line 179, referer: XXXX

   Why is this?  Does anyone know?  Is this fixed in a later pkgsrc?

   Everything in the code is working, but the number of rows inserted or
updated aren't being reported because of this issue.

   Anyone familiar with this?

                                - Chris