Subject: Re: Knowing about renamed/deleted pkgs
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/2004 11:12:01
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:33:49AM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> you mean pkgsrc/doc/CHANGES?

No, I mean a simple list (try "fgrep obsolete /usr/src/distrib/sets/lists/base/*
for an example) - optionally listing a suggestion what to install instead.

But I realize there are cases where it is not easy to decide if we have
a problem. See the databases/mysql* mess for an example. If you have some
mysql pkg installed and update everything - which one will you need now
(and why doesn't the description give you any hint about the differences)?

Martin