Subject: Re: Packages of Zope 2.7.2, Plone 2.0.4 and some Plone stuff
To: Laurent DAVERIO <daverio@cri.ensmp.fr>
From: Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bourgin@pcotech.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/10/2004 17:34:18
Laurent DAVERIO a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Pierre Bourgin wrote:
>
>> ** zope27-CMFPlone-2.0.4 package provides a lot of components, and some
>> comes from the zope-CMF project and distributed in the source archive
>> file
>> of Plone; unfortunatly, I did not make a zope27-CMF package (as zope25
>> package framework provides), because Plone is *really* sensitive on
>> version
>> of some zope/CMF components: for instance, Plone 2.0.4 won't work on
>> top of
>> zope 2.7.3, or won't work with the last BTreeFolder2 component version.
>

> Although I can attest that Plone *is* very sensitive to the versions of
> Python and Zope you combine it with, I've been successfully using Python
> 2.3.4 + Zope 2.7.3 + Plone 2.0.4 with no issues whatsoever since Zope
> 2.7.3 came out. Using Zope 2.7.3 with Plone indeed solves the sessioning
> management issues (finally !) which existed with Zope 2.7.2 and led to
> random Plone crashes :-)

Really ? Here, It start packaging with zope 2.7.3 : when I tried to create
from scratch a (new) plone site, I went on python error, something like
"setDefaultProperties: got only 7 arguments, 8 are required" ...

So I came backup to zope 2.7.2, and everything is fine for the creation of a
new plone site.

Since I heavily work on packging the past 2/3 days, perhaps I get confused
between zope and zope-CMF .. so I will try asap to package and use Zope
2.7.3. I must confess that I'm a newbie about plone/zope stuff :(

Please note that in my whole packaging, I only use "release" source tarballs
for each packages, not CVS nor beta version.

>> 2.0.4 provides Epoz-0.7.5, but works nice with the last stable version
>> (0.8.5) of Epoz; so the package zope27-Epoz-0.8.5.
>
> No, I think the Plone 2.0.4 source tarball provides Epoz 0.8.2. Are you
> sure that you are not using beta or CVS (well, SVN) versions ?

oups, I made a mistake: 2.0.4 provides Epoz-0.8.2, of course, and I use
realease tarball.

Thanks for your reply.

Pierre