Subject: RE: pkgsrc with Slackware 10
To: Will Saxon <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2004 16:36:33
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Will Saxon wrote:

> I have placed a script of an `ssh -vvv` attempt using the pkgsrc
> ssh as well as an `sshd -ddde` script for an incoming attempt to
> the pkgsrc sshd at:
>
> http://dhnet.ufl.edu/openssh/ssh and
> http://dhnet.ufl.edu/openssh/sshd

Your logs show:

 debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /usr/local/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
 debug2: no key of type 0 for host tyr
 debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /root/.ssh/known_hosts2
 debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /usr/local/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts2
 debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /root/.ssh/known_hosts
 debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /usr/local/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
 debug2: no key of type 1 for host tyr
 Host key verification failed.

Try moving your known hosts file(s) out of the way first.

Also it seems like "StrictHostKeyChecking ask" is not working. (Don't use
an equal = sign.)

By the way, I found a silimar problem in the March 2004 FreeBSD questions
(and stable) thread "Re: ssh no longer connecting automatically".

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/