Subject: Re: sandbox builds + Re: Removing All Packages
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2004 16:34:45
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:35:45AM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Ian Zagorskih wrote:
> > AFAIU there's some way to update existing packages installation from both
> > binary/pkgsrc but.. delete/rebuild just works for me and until i don't ave a
> > really stable, proven and guaranteed choise i don't want to change
> > anything :)
>
> 'make update' generally works pretty well.

Sure, as long as you ignore the fact that if you have a lot of packages
installed, you might end up building mozilla three or four times because
multiple things were out of date and it doesn't keep track of what's already
been done nor does it do things in a sane order.. ;-)

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!