Subject: fam solaris fixes
To: None <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2004 10:04:40

Using a combination of patches from around the 'net along with the one
posted here earlier and some of my own work, I've created a diff for
sysutils/fam to get it packaging on Solaris/sunpro.

I'd particularly like to know if I didn't break the Solaris/gcc case
anywhere, as I've only tested with sunpro (which needed extra work).
Also there's some quite horrid C++ hacks, which "hey it compiles! ship
it!" but I have no real idea if what I did will break things later on.
I'd appreciate someone with more C++ clue than me (i.e. more than
none) going through and checking it's all legal, and if not maybe
wrapping the diffs around an #ifdef __SUNPRO_CC block to avoid the
strictness of the Forte compiler.

I'll clean it up further, and if it works fine will commit later in
the week.

Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project