Subject: fam solaris fixes
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2004 10:04:40
Hi,

Using a combination of patches from around the 'net along with the one
posted here earlier and some of my own work, I've created a diff for
sysutils/fam to get it packaging on Solaris/sunpro.

    ftp://ftp0.mh.bbc.co.uk/pub/pkgsrc/patches/fam.diff

I'd particularly like to know if I didn't break the Solaris/gcc case
anywhere, as I've only tested with sunpro (which needed extra work).
Also there's some quite horrid C++ hacks, which "hey it compiles! ship
it!" but I have no real idea if what I did will break things later on.
I'd appreciate someone with more C++ clue than me (i.e. more than
none) going through and checking it's all legal, and if not maybe
wrapping the diffs around an #ifdef __SUNPRO_CC block to avoid the
strictness of the Forte compiler.

I'll clean it up further, and if it works fine will commit later in
the week.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/