Subject: just a quick FYI about mozilla-1.7.3 progress (or lack thereof) on alpha 1.6.x
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2004 20:04:41
Just a quick FYI about mozilla-1.7.3 progress on alpha 1.6.x...

At one point during the linking of some shared library (I don't remember
which) I thought the linker had gone in a loop -- it sat there chewing
CPU without any noticable IOs, and with an RSS of at least 44MB, for a
good 10-20 CPU minutes!

Then when I wasn't looking it finished and the build carries on until it
gets here:

gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/build/package-obj/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/directory/xpcom/base/resources'
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/build/package-obj/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/directory/xpcom/base'
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/build/package-obj/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/directory/xpcom'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/build/package-obj/www/mozilla/work/mozilla'
/usr/pkg/bin/gmake tier_40
gmake: execvp: /usr/pkg/bin/gmake: Bad address
gmake: *** [default] Error 127
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /work/woods/m-NetBSD-pkgsrc/www/mozilla
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Anyone have any clues what that means?

Bug in gmake?