Subject: Re: pkgsrc trouble list for solaris
To: Robert Lillack <lillack@mis.mpg.de>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/05/2004 12:34:28
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Robert Lillack wrote:

> I must say I really was impressed, pkgsrc nowadays feels MUCH smoother
> than those days I started using it on Solaris. There were only very few
> packages left which did not build out-of-the- box. (And even this may
> have to do with my natural idiocy -- so please excuse any mistakes)

Just some small points:

* It might be easier to set USE_PKGSRC_GCC=yes and GCC_REQD?=3 rather than
directly including the gcc3 .mk files.

* I'm surprised to see db4 failing. It's been building fine for me on
Solaris 9 and Solaris 10. Perhaps nawk was substantially improved in
Solaris 9.

* gdk-pixbuf could probably do with rm -f, rather than just rm.

* sylpheed-gtk2 - does setting LDFLAGS.SunOS+= -lsocket -lnsl -lX11 in the
package Makefile help?

* libgcrypt - I fixed a problem with gcc on SPARC on the 25th Oct. Are you
sure you have this patch?

* kdelibs3 - I've had some success building this with gcc on Solaris 10
recently. I've committed all my patches.

My compilation environment:

Clean Solaris 10 install (a recent internal build) plus Companion CD (for
gcc etc)

/etc/mk.conf as generated by bootstrap, plus USE_PKGSRC_GCC and
PKG_DEVELOPER. So I've been building with gcc2 as built from pkgsrc where
possible.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget