Subject: Re: pkgsrc trouble list for solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2004 16:21:00
Robert Lillack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I assured some weeks ago, that i'll put together a list of packages which
> can not be built out-of-the-box on pkgsrc/Solaris. Time did not permit to
> do it earlier and I'm sorry for that. Last weekend I took the time to
> rebuild nearly everything and I must say I really was impressed, pkgsrc
> nowadays feels MUCH smoother than those days I started using it on
> Solaris. There were only very few packages left which did not build
> out-of-the- box. (And even this may have to do with my natural idiocy --
> so please excuse any mistakes)
>
> Some things are still missing, but it's after 10pm over here and I gotta
> go home now, so just take a look and see if you can fix something (or me)o

I used to be able to build about 2x more packages on Solaris using
Zoularis than I can now. Out of the 88 'meta' packages I would like
to build, only 26 of them now do so. Including dependencies, it's
only building 93 packages so far and that requires building things
in particular sequences (lang/gawk), etc.

By 'very few packages left which did not build', do you mean out
of your list of desired packages?