Subject: Need BUILD_DEPENDS for postgresql??-client
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2004 10:10:40
In py-postgresql I have a depends on PostgreSQL libs so I include
../../mk/pgsql.buildlink3.mk.  This is fine but I just found out that I
need a build time dependcy on the client as well.  I'm not sure how to
do this in a way that assures me that I have the right version.  I need
to somehow point to the
../../databases/postgresql${_PGSQL_VERSION}-client directory.

In fact, it seems to me that the best way is to include pg_config in
postgresql${_PGSQL_VERSION}-lib instead since that is a function that
finds libraries.  Not much point to that function if you don't have the
PG libraries.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/