Subject: mtr on 2.0 ppc broken
To: None <sommerfeld@NetBSD.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2004 08:56:15
Hi,

The latest net/mtr on 2.0 on ppc dumps core shortly after launching. Since
optimization seems to be the cause of many new problems on ppc machines, I
tried compiling it with -O0, and it got farther (started drawing stuff on
the screen), then segfaulted.

I barely have any time to look into this (off to do lots of election
related stuff), but here at least is my conusing screen from after it
dies:

                              My traceroute  [v0.65]
lain.ziaspace.com (0.0.0.0)(tos=0x0 psize=64 bitpatternTue Nov  2 08:54:01 2004
(no debugging symbols found)...start statistics   Order of fields   quit
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.         Pings
0x418e5c14 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12 Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev(

Without the -O0, it just gives a Segmentation fault (core dumped).

Any ideas?

John
--
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a
cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H.L. Mencken