Subject: Re: Pkgsrc on DragonFlyBSD
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2004 13:49:16
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> > The config.sub and config.guess scripts in pkgtools/digest/files,
> > pkgtools/libnbcompat/files, and pkgtools/pkg_install/files need to be
> > updated with the latest versions from
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/
>
> Is this really necessary? After 'make configure' the files config.guess
> and config.sub in the work directories are replaced to symlinks to
> pkgsrc/mk/gnu-config/* instead for me.

The packages should also include the newest versions for consistency's sake.
Those packages can currently be built without the aid of the pkgsrc
infrastructure.  (This was of marginal usefulness to me when I was
bootstrapping pkgsrc for the first time on Interix.)

If there is no desire to keep them buildable without pkgsrc, then the
config.guess and config.sub files in each should be removed altogether, and
bootstrap needs to copy the ones from mk/ into place while bootstrapping.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>