Subject: MySQL4 client & pthread
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2004 23:51:51

I see Grant enabled thread-safe client in mysql4-client package in Makefile:

revision 1.10
date: 2004/10/31 10:14:14;  author: grant;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
enable the thread-safe client so that the full set of tools is
built and installed.

however, this would mean that the client library is now usable only by
apps using threads (I cannot check since it doesn't build for me ATM).
If that is true, I believe the change should be backed off, shouldn't it?

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-