Subject: Re: mysqlcc broken by recent upgrade to mysql 4.1.x
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2004 17:25:18
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

>>MAServerLogsPanel.cc: In member function `bool
>>    MAServerLogsPanel::process_logs(MAServerLogsPanel::LogType)':
>>MAServerLogsPanel.cc:381: error: `strptime' undeclared (first use this
>>    function)
>>MAServerLogsPanel.cc:381: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
>>only
>>    once for each function it appears in.)
>>

> Which version of NetBSD do you use? It also seems the package
> uses incorrect _XOPEN_SOURCE define or doesn't include <time.h>, which
> is the reason it doesn't see definition of strptime().

I'm attempting to create the package on 2.0_RC4. The strange thing about
the strptime warnings is that time.h is included. I'll try again with
#include <ctime> instead to see if it solves that problem, however the
complaints about the math functions have me totally stumped. I'll also
try removing the _XOPEN_SOURCE define, as the manual page for strptime
doesn't suggest it's necessary (or should that be inferred from the fact
that it's a function defined by X/Open?).

Chris