Subject: Re: annoying warnings from pkglint
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2004 08:34:46
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu> wrote:

> I've just put together a new package for cpmtools (like mtools, but
> for CP/M filesystems).  Here's the problem:

Cool.  I may have to clean up my CP/M emulator and submit that too.  :-)

> zaphod:/usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/cpmtools$ pkglint
> WARN: possible direct use of command "file" found. Use ${FILE_CMD}
> instead. WARN: "BUILD_DEPENDS" has to appear earlier.
> 0 errors and 2 warnings found.

Yah, two issues here.  Number 1 is the use of the word "file" in
autoconf.mk.  Pkglint is a little simplistic and can't tell the
difference between the use of "file" as a command or as a variable.  I
have just submitted a fix that will take care of that one for you.

The second is a little harder because it is checking that things come in
the right order.  The problem is that since this is in an included file
it is hard to insert things in the right place in your file.  The best
thing you can do for now, I think, is just to make sure that the problem
is not in your package (which you have done by removing the offending
file to check) and submit it.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/