Subject: net/ipa not working with NetBSD 2.0 RC4?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Prause <sebastian-p@gmx.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2004 22:09:01
net/ipa doesn't want to run on my freshly installed 2.0 RC4 box:

# ipa -d
ipa[12015]: ------------------------------------------------
ipa[12015]: IPA: version 1.3.6 started by UID 0 GID 0
ipa[12015]: current umask is 0227
ipa[12015]: use configuration file /usr/pkg/etc/ipa.conf, parsing...
ipa[12015]: loaded 1 accounting rule
ipa[12015]: init IP Filter support
ipa[12015]: make IP accounting...
ipa[12015]: kipfil_read_table: ioctl(SIOCGETFS): Invalid argument
ipa[12015]: cannot make IP accounting
ipa[12015]: abnormal termination

i'm currently running a custom kernel, but this happens with the generic
kernel as well. google gave me some hints that "ioctl(SIOCGETFS):
Invalid argument" may happen if the kernel and user space versions
are out of sync, but as stated above, it happens with the generic
kernel, too (and its a fresh install, no update).

can anybody verify this and/or knows how to fix it?

Thanks.

   -- Sebastian Prause