Subject: Re: package upgrade notify, 1st shot (not so..)
To: iMil <imil@home.imil.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2004 18:33:13
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 02:01:29PM +0200, iMil wrote:
> Ok this one is a nightmare :) I now check if there's a HOMEPAGE first,
> in many cases, HOMEPAGE has a direct link to latest version, this fixes
> for example bzip2-like packages. Also, as this absolutely don't fix
> gnome-like hosted projects, i included a parent directory lookup if we are
> in the case of a "clean package" (DISTNAME has major and minor). This
> should work for gnome* and probably others.

Cool. I'm trying the new version out now.

Thanks for all the fixes. Found another problem:
- checking for newer version of archivers/advancecomp
 \ actual distname version: 1.10
 \ master site: ftp://ftp2.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/a/ad/advancecomp
 \ homepage: http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/
Cannot change working directory /pub/sourceforge/a/ad/advancecomp: No such file or directory

The Makefile says:
DISTNAME=       advancecomp-1.10
PKGREVISION=    1
CATEGORIES=     archivers
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:=advancemame/}
yet pkg_notify looks for advancecomp.

Cheers,
 Thomas