Subject: Re: quanta cant find dictionary
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/25/2004 15:01:26
On Monday 25 October 2004 13:22, Mark Davies wrote:
> I've had a look at this.  Firstly the "ispell is not in the path and it
> cant be started" should probably read "[iah]spell is not in ...".  That is
> to say it prints that message whichever program kspell has tried to use.
>
> It looks like it tries to invoke ispell with a "-H" argument (for HTML) and
> our ispell doesn't support it so throws back a usage message.  I'll think
> about how to fix it.
>
> As to aspell not working for you, do you have any of the aspell dictionary
> packages installed along with the aspell package?  You probably want at
> least aspell-english otherwise aspell complains about having no
> dictionaries.

hi,

yeah the missing dictionary was the culprit (i really should have spotted that
one).

Quanta works fine with aspell.

As to my other question about kmail's address dialog, i have recompiled kdepim
but i'm still seeing the same problem (dialog so tall you can't confirm your
address selection because the button is off the bottom of the screen). I
can't find a .ui file related to that dialog so it looks like its code
generated. I don't know whats causing it and no bugs have been filed relating
to it.

I'll dig a little deeper and see if i can fix it.

Thanks for the great help.

Mark