Subject: Re: wrapper bug in -D*
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/24/2004 09:32:52
On Saturday 23 October 2004 11:15, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Was this fixed?

Not yet.

> Maybe this is related to PR 25402: audio/arts fails to build under Linux,
> libstdc++.la issue?
> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=25402

> Also, maybe related to kdelib3 and kdebase3 errors I have. I haven't been
> able to build them using pkgsrc (under Linux) for six months.

No the wrapper bug isn't going to effect building as its just going to change
the value of a string in the source.  This is a runtime problem causing some
applications to not work properly with arts as they can't find a shared
library they want to dynamically load.

As to whats going on with (some?) linux systems, I'm afraid I have no idea.

cheers
mark