Subject: www/firefox-gtk2-bin doesn't launch as normal user
To: None <>
From: Shigeki UNO <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2004 03:33:46

 As I said in subject, firefox-gtk2-linux (www/firefox-gtk2-bin) doesn not launch
when I execute "firefox-gtk2-linux &" command. And the following error is shown:

musashi [68] ~ > firefox-gtk2-linux &
[1] 5995
musashi [69] ~ > /usr/pkg/lib/firefox-gtk2-linux/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/pkg/lib/ undefined symbol: __sF

 However it surely launches when I type "sudo firefox-gtk2-linux &".

Could you give me any hints to fix this problem?

%uname -a
NetBSD musashi 2.99.9 NetBSD 2.99.9 (MUSASHI) #0: Tue Oct 12 03:43:01 JST 2004  shigeki3@musashi:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/MUSASHI i386

pkgsrc:  This was cvs updated on October 20th. suse91_* has been installed.

kernel,userland,X:  sources were cvs updated on October 10th and binaries were built from

Thanks in advance,

Shigeki UNO <shigeki at mediawars dot ne dot jp>