Subject: Re: wrapper bug in -D*
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2004 15:15:32
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> Alistair Crooks has helped me to discover a bug in the wrapper scripts
> that will affect compilations of at least audio/arts.  The bug manifests
> itself by converting
>
> -DARTSC_BACKEND="/usr/pkg/lib/libartscbackend.la"
>
> into
>
> -DARTSC_BACKEND="/usr/pkgsrc/audio/arts/work/.buildlink/lib/libartscbackend.la"
>
> This is due to a difference between the wrapper framework and the old
> buildlink3 wrappers where the new ones will even look at -D* for
> possible transformations.
>
> I will endeavor to fix this tonight, but I just wanted to let package
> builders know of this issue since it will impact package rebuilds which
> seem to be happening a lot after the recent libtool changes and fixes.

Was this fixed?

Maybe this is related to PR 25402: audio/arts fails to build under Linux,
libstdc++.la issue?
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=25402

Also, maybe related to kdelib3 and kdebase3 errors I have. I haven't been
able to build them using pkgsrc (under Linux) for six months. Three others
have reported same. I get many errors like:

.libs/kapplication.o(.text+0xc1): In function
`KApplication::installX11EventFilt er(QWidget*)':
/scratch/pkgsrc/x11/kdelibs3/work.puget/kdelibs-3.3.1/kdecore/kdebug.h:231:
undefined reference to `QObject::connect(QObject const*, char const*,
QObject const*, char const*)'
.libs/kapplication.o(.text+0xcf): In
function `KApplication::installX11EventFilter(QWidget*)':
/usr/qt3/include/qstring.h:275: undefined reference to
`QGList::append(void*)'

My workarounds are to extract and then do my configure and build directly
in the WRKSRC directory.

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/