Subject: Re: Does www/firefox-gtk2-bin (via linux emulation) work on NetBSD? (really?)
To: Juan RP <>
From: grant beattie <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/22/2004 17:04:21

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:52:34AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 03:05:23 +0200
> Thomas Klausner <> wrote:
> > Works for me (tm) on 2.99.9 from Oct 2.
> Cool... but my point is that you cannot install firefox-gtk2-bin if you d=
> have the suse9 pkgs before, and the same goes if you are using suse-7.3*.

that is what I would have expected. there is currently no (easy) way
for a Linux binary pkg to require a newer version. I have done some
work in abstracting the various emul pkgs out, but it is not complete

>         -lstdc++.5 =3D> /usr/lib/
>         -lgcc_s.1 =3D> /usr/lib/
>         -lc.6 =3D> not found
>         -lXft.2 =3D> not found
>         -lfontconfig.1 =3D> not found
>         -lfreetype.6 =3D> not found
> I don't know why they are missing...

they may not be missing. NetBSD ldd(1) is treating it as a native
binary, so doesn't know where to look for them - note that the path to
libpthread/libstdc++/libgcc_s is "wrong".

you need to run Linux ldd(1) to get the correct output.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)