Subject: pax's cpio -t -i complains "Cannot create"
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2004 15:25:11
Using latest pax from pkgsrc under Linux.

Did:

cpio -t -i < J.cpio

Resulted in:

cpio: Cannot create ./etc/rc.d/init.d/openmail.1KRLhJ (No such file or
directory)
cpio: Cannot create ./etc/sysconfig/openmail.YMzBni (No such file or
directory)
cpio: Cannot create ./etc/xinetd.d/openmailpxy.N6EhtR (No such file or
directory)
cpio: Cannot create ./opt/openmail/bin/admin.server.KKLMcE (No such file
or directory)
cpio: Cannot create ./opt/openmail/bin/omaddu.jYjXh9 (No such file or
directory)
cpio: Cannot create ./opt/openmail/bin/omlimit.SFlZmE (No such file or
directory)

The cpio -t -i switches should list the contents. I have used it many
times with GNU cpio. Sorry, I didn't test this with native pax-as-cpio
under NetBSD 2.x.

I looked at source (./file_subs.c) for this but the error is identical in
two sections. I didn't look closely.

Well at least I was able to see the files :)

And cpio -i -d did the correct thing.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/