Subject: get "SIGWINCH undefined" on new pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/21/2004 15:37:10
Hi,

I'm trying to compile (aka, creating a new pkgsrc) rxvt-unicode.
On the make process, I got the following error :
**********
command.C: In member function `bool rxvt_term::cmd_parse()':
command.C:2587: error: `SIGWINCH' undeclared (first use this function)
command.C:2587: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
   each function it appears in.)
command.C:2587: error: `kill' undeclared (first use this function)
command.C: In member function `FILE* rxvt_term::popen_printer()':
command.C:2748: error: `popen' undeclared (first use this function)
command.C: In member function `int rxvt_term::pclose_printer(FILE*)':
command.C:2760: error: `pclose' undeclared (first use this function)
gmake[1]: *** [command.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/pkgsrc/x11/rxvt-unicode/work/rxvt-unicode-4.0/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 1
*** Error code 2
**********

My Makefile (initially done by url2pkg) looks like :
**********
# $NetBSD$
#

DISTNAME=               rxvt-unicode-4.0
CATEGORIES=             x11
MASTER_SITES=           http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/
EXTRACT_SUFX=           .tar.bz2

MAINTAINER=             Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
HOMEPAGE=               http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/
COMMENT=                Unicode clone of RXVT

USE_BUILDLINK3=         yes
USE_PKGLOCALEDIR=       yes
USE_X11BASE=            yes
GNU_CONFIGURE=          yes
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-everything
USE_GNU_TOOLS+=         make
#USE_NCURSES=           yes

#.include "../../devel/ncurses/buildlink3.mk"
.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"
**********

the command.C SIGWINCH code is :
      if (!IS_CONTROL (ch) || ch == C0_LF || ch == C0_CR || ch == C0_HT)
        {
          if (!seen_input)
            {
              seen_input = 1;
              // many badly-written programs (e.g. jed) contain a race condition:
              // they first read the screensize and then install a SIGWINCH handler.
              // some window managers resize the window early, and these programs
              // then sometimes get the size wrong.
              // unfortunately other programs are even more buggy and dislike
              // being sent SIGWINCH, so only do it when we were in fact being
              // resized.
              if (seen_resize)
                kill (-cmd_pid, SIGWINCH);
            }

reading some issue abot NetBSD ncurses&SIGWINCH, I tried using devel/ncurses but that doesn't solve the problem.
furthemore, changes-2.0.html says :
	March 2004
	libcurses
	add KEY_RESIZE, SIGWINCH handler and support for more colour pairs. [jdc 20040322]

I run NetBSD-2.0RC4/i386.

Any idea what I should do to correct this error ?
Include some libs, or patch configure/command.C in some way ?

TIA,
	Jo