Subject: behaviour of OWN_DIRS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/20/2004 07:26:27
I had some files within my OWN_DIRS when I deinstalled.
So the .pkgsrc files were removed. But the directories were not removed
(which is okay).

Next time I installed package, the .pkgsrc files were not created in those
directories. Then I removed the files from within those directories. So
next time to deinstall, the directories were just skipped (and no try to
remove) even though they were empty.

Should the .pkgsrc files be added no matter what on install?

Also, I see it uses rmdir -p. Is it okay to use -p, because then if the
parent directories are empty, they will be removed too -- even if the not
listed in OWN_DIRS. This is not the expected behaviour. Or is it okay?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/